Greater Lynchburg SCORE
- Established in 1984 and serving the Region 2000 area: the Cities of Lynchburg; and Counties of Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford, and Campbell
- In 2014, we provided business mentoring to 136 new clients with a total of 410 mentoring sessions
- In cooperation with the Lynchburg Development Centre, in 2014 we presented 14 workshop sessions to a total of 179 attendees
- 2012 Chapter of the Year for the Virginia District
- We provide advice and mentoring in all business processes
We are the local chapter of a nationwide volunteer network of business professionals providing free and confidential business mentoring services as well as low-cost workshops of interest to entrepreneurs. Our local volunteers represent over 200 years of real-world experience in a wide variety of industries and business specialties. Contact us or register online to schedule your free and confidential business mentoring session today!
SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and helping small businesses start, grow, and succeed nationwide. SCORE is a resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and has been mentoring small business owners for more than forty years.
SCORE is a valuable network of 13,000+ volunteers who offer small business entrepreneurs confidential business counseling services at no charge. SCORE volunteers have the knowledge and experience to help any small business owner get the help they need. Our dedicated volunteers represent over 3,000 years of experience across 62 industries.
SCORE also provides local workshops and events throughout the country to connect small business owners with the people and information they need to start, grow, and maintain their businesses, as well as online workshops available 24/7. SCORE provides resources, templates and tools to assist entrepreneurs in developing tools and plans they need to navigate their way to small business success.
Founded in 1964, SCORE is headquartered in Herndon, VA and has 364 chapters throughout the United States and its territories, with over 13,000 volunteers nationwide.